Monday, August 21, 2006

Present at the creation.


You're reading the inaugural post of The City and the World, a new blog sharing some of my experiences and reflections as a Jesuit scholastic studying philosophy at Fordham University in New York City. If you're reading this, there's a good chance that you've already read my old blog, Novitiate Notes, covering most of my two years as a Jesuit novice. In a sense, The City and the World continues the story begun in Novitiate Notes, offering a window into my continuing formation as a Jesuit. My hopes for this new blog are the same hopes I had for my old blog. I began The City and the World as a means of keeping my family and friends up to date on what I'm doing and to offer other interested individuals a sense of what (one) Jesuit life is like. To all my readers, old and new, friends and strangers alike, I extend a very warm welcome. AMDG.

6 Comments:

At 8/21/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger H.M. said...

Made the jump over from Novitiate Notes. I look forward to following your new adventures.
Peace,
A. Hanson
http://tothequiet.blogspot.com

 
At 8/22/2006 12:11 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Best of luck to you, Joe!

Jason, nSJ

 
At 8/22/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Kensy said...

All the best Joe!

 
At 8/22/2006 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to see that you finally updated your blog! (just kidding) I look forward to reading about the adventures of Joe in First Studies...peace! ~Rich

 
At 8/23/2006 11:48 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Glad to see that you made it alive to the bronx. You've got an open invitation to a BBQ at Chez Tone in Brooklyn. Hope to see you soon.

Tony

 
At 8/24/2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Glad to see you made it to NY. I hope I'll get up there and you can show me around while you're there ... but it's going to depend on what God and the muses (whoever they are) have in store for me. Meanwhile, sending you warm wishes and more prayers as you start your latest Jesuit journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home