Saturday, May 12, 2007

Done!

I'm now officially done with the spring semester, having turned in all my papers and completed exams. I'll be in New York for another week, mainly taking caring care of stuff around the house - cleaning my room, for example - before leaving for the summer. My only great ambitions for the coming week are to check out an exhibit of icons at the Ukrainian Museum and to make it to The Cloisters, which I've wanted to visit for as long as I've been here.

Readers may be getting curious about my plans for the summer. I'll be on the move for most of it - making my annual retreat, visiting my family in Massachusetts, spending some time visiting with Jesuits in Chicago, and going on villa at Omena. However, for most of the summer I'll be in San Jose working in the Refugee Services Program at Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County. I spent a couple months working at Catholic Charities when I was a novice, an experience you can learn something about from this 2005 post. I found my previous stint at Catholic Charities very rewarding, and I'm looking forward to going back to help out with some new projects and to reconnect with folks I got to know when I was there two years ago. I'm sure I'll have more to say about this as the time draws closer, but for now I'm going to go outside and enjoy a fine spring day in New York. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At 5/13/2007 9:45 PM, Blogger Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home