Monday, May 11, 2009

Done!

Given that I added a post to this blog earlier today, some readers may have already surmised that I'm done with the work of the semester. Now that I've turned in all my papers, taken all my exams and passed the De U, I'm ready to make the transition from Fordham student to Fordham alumnus. I will officially receive my degree on Saturday, though I've decided to skip Fordham's commencement ceremony in order to go home to watch my sister Elizabeth graduate from Stonehill College. Liz has attended each of my previous graduations, so I felt that I ought to attend hers. This graduation will be a Koczera family milestone, so I look forward to being there.

In between now and this weekend, I'll have a number of things to keep me busy. At Ciszek Hall, the end of the academic year always includes a couple of 'evaluation days' where the members of the community gather to talk about house procedures and other details of our common life. As for the evenings, I'm looking forward to attending a couple of concerts in the chronological cycle of Mahler symphonies being performed this week at Carnegie Hall by the Staatskapelle Berlin. I also look forward to posting a bit more often than I have been able to do over the last month or so that I've been occupied with exams and the like. My prayers and best wishes are with all readers who live on academic calendars and are finishing up around this time, whichever side of the desk you may be on. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At 5/11/2009 11:01 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations! Enjoy all the festivities...

 
At 5/12/2009 12:04 AM, Blogger Barbara said...

Congratulations on your achievements! That release upon completing the term and, in this case, your Fordham degree, must be so marvelous! Enjoy the expansiveness you must feel -- you deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home