Saturday, June 06, 2009

Bound for Philadelphia.

For the past week, I've been occupied with the task of packing up all my personal effects and preparing for my imminent departure from Ciszek Hall. I wish I had some spiritually profound words about the experience of moving, but I really don't; for me, moving is always an arduous, montonous and generally unpleasant experience. Even so, I'm excited about my destination and the task that awaits me in regency: for the next three years, I will be teaching philosophy and political science at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia. After I arrive at SJU on Monday, I hope that I will have the opportunity to post some more detailed reflections on the transition to regency. In the meantime, I ask for your prayers as I prepare to begin a new stage in my life and formation as a Jesuit. AMDG.

3 Comments:

At 6/07/2009 8:44 AM, Blogger Steve said...

All the best with the move!

 
At 6/09/2009 10:44 AM, Blogger Kate said...

*gasp* You're going to be the Steve Spahn of St. Joe's! It's the best job ever!

Hope you're well, BTW -- it's good to be your Facebook friend!

 
At 6/14/2009 11:08 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Hope you are settling in well. Moving is a pain, but settling in feels good, I think. May your regency in Philadelphia bring you a deeper appreciation for your calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home