Sunday, June 10, 2012

Corpus Christi.


As I noted in my most recent post, I've been in St. Paul, Minnesota this weekend for the annual gathering of Jesuits from the provinces of the Upper Midwest (Chicago-Detroit and Wisconsin). Yesterday, Archbishop John Nienstedt ordained our confreres Bill Blazek and Paul Lickteig to the priesthood at the Church of St. Thomas More in St. Paul. This morning, the newly-ordained Father Blazek celebrated Mass for the Feast of Corpus Christi at the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas on the campus of the University of St. Thomas. As is customary on this Feast, the Mass ended with a Eucharistic procession and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, after which we all enjoyed another sort of feast at a celebratory lunch.

In a couple of hours, I'll be heading to the airport once again, this time to fly to New Orleans for a weeklong conference. (Readers with particularly sharp memories may recall that I did roughly the same thing last year; the conference that I'm attending this week is a sequel to the one that I attended last year.) God willing, my next post will come from the Crescent City. Until then, please know of my prayers and good wishes. AMDG.

3 Comments:

At 6/10/2012 5:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Safe travels! I am envious of the trip to New Orleans...I was born there, baptized by the Jesuits, and still miss the beignets terribly. Jesuit preaching I can get in Philly, but not that Sunday treat of deep fried dough under a mountain of powdered sugar.

I prayed for the ordinandi at Morning Prayer this week...

 
At 6/11/2012 12:44 AM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thank you for the prayers, Michelle - and hello from New Orleans, now that I'm back on the ground. I agree with you about the beignets - even if one tried to reproduce them in Philly with the same ingredients, my guess is that they wouldn't be the same - it would be sort of like trying to make New York bagels outside of New York!

 
At 6/16/2012 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

=-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home