Sunday, December 03, 2006

Midnight oil, loathsome toil.

Today, as Roman Catholics around the world celebrate the First Sunday of Advent, Jesuits mark the official end of the Jubilee Year commemorating the 450th anniversary of the death of St. Ignatius Loyola and the 500th anniversary of the birth of St. Francis Xavier and Bl. Peter Faber. I would like to post some reflections on Advent and perhaps something also on the Jubilee Year, but I'm going to have to wait. As the end of the semester draws near, I'll be extremely busy over the next couple weeks completing papers and preparing for exams. Accordingly, posting will probably be very light this month. When it comes to writing papers, I hold to the views famously (and perhaps erroneously) attributed to Dorothy Parker: "I hate writing. I love having written." Until we meet again, I ask my readers to pray for me and my fellow scholastics during this period of intensive study and writing. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home