Monday, February 12, 2007

Coming up for air.

First off, special greetings to any readers who may be coming to this site for the first time on account of the recent Q&A in the Chicago Province magazine Partners on new approaches to Ignatian spirituality. The words attributed to me by Partners are accurate - especially the part about how I contribute "in a small way" to the work of the Society with this blog. My accomplishments are very few compared with the other Chicago Province Jesuits profiled in the same piece, and I'm honored and humbled to be included in such distinguished company. Once again, though, I'm pleased to welcome any newcomers who may have discovered this blog on account of the Partners piece. I hope you like what you see and that you'll come back often.

In other news, my apologies for the lack of posting these last fews days - my academic workload has been piling up lately, particularly in the realm of written assignments that have to be turned in. Thus I haven't been as attentive to this blog as I would like. However, I have a couple posts in process that I hope to have up in the next few days. Of course, I'll also be sure to pass along any news items that I find particularly worthy of comment.

Last but not least, my hearty congratulations to the Jesuit novices who just completed the Spiritual Exercises in Gloucester. The Chi Prov's own Matt Dunch and Christopher Gagnon have written something about their experience of the Long Retreat here and here. Having prayed regularly for the novices during their retreat, I now hope that each and all are able to live out the graces of the Exercises in their life and ministry in the Society. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home