Friday, May 22, 2009

Home visit.


I'm currently at home with my folks in Massachusetts, enjoying a bit of a break before returning to New York to pack up my things and move on to my regency assignment (details to follow, I promise; my apologies to any who feel that they've been kept in undue suspense). As you can see above, on Tuesday I watched as the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays 2-1 at Fenway. This was my first time sitting in Fenway's sought-after "Green Monster seats," which offer an awesome view at the risk of full exposure to the elements; the cup in my hands and the one to the left of me contain hot chocolate which my dad and I were drinking to help keep warm.

The chilly weather that we experienced Friday night at Fenway was only part of what has been a somewhat erratic week in terms of temperatures: lows in the thirties earlier in the week have bounced to a high near ninety today, with another dip expected tomorrow. All in all, though, I'm enjoying my time at home and look forward to the next few days. Hopefully, I'll be able to put in a word here and there as I did in the posts that I produced today. In the meantime, my prayers and good wishes to readers who are celebrating the Memorial Day holiday this weekend. AMDG.

3 Comments:

At 5/23/2009 1:46 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Lucky you! I've always wanted to sit on top of the "monstah" but haven't had the chance yet. Seems like a right of passage for any New Englander.

 
At 5/28/2009 12:09 PM, Blogger Tzipyo said...

Greetings from Boston. I have a little graduation present that I think you might enjoy. Today is the 28th May -- would it get to you if I sent it to you c/o Ciszek Hall? If not, could you email me a shipping address that might be better.
Congratulations on finishing up!

Jane McNally
mcnally.jp@gmail.com

 
At 5/28/2009 1:29 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Jane -

Thanks for thinking of me; yes, the Ciszek address is the best one to use. I'm still in Massachusetts at this writing but will be going back to New York in a couple days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home