Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ave atque vale.


It was with great shock and sadness that I learned, just two hours ago, of the death this evening of Father Thomas Mulvihill King. In his forty-one years on the Hilltop, Father King had an incalculable influence on several generations of Georgetown students. I owe my own vocation to the Society of Jesus to his influence and example, and I will miss him dearly as a priest, teacher, mentor and friend. I will probably post more detailed reflections on his passing later, but for now I'll simply ask you to join me in praying for the repose of his soul and for the consolation of his family and friends.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

1 Comments:

At 6/24/2009 9:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I met him when I gave a paper at a conference on Teilhard de Chardin a few years ago. I was nervous enough giving a theology paper (not my usual professional haunt) and doubly anxious when I recognized who was in the room. I needn't have been...

Requiescat in pace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home