Saturday, October 02, 2010

Here and there.


Regency has been keeping me even more occupied than usual lately, partly on account of the work involved in preparing a new course that I hope to have approved for the Spring 2011 semester.  A number of would-be posts have taken shape in my mind over the last couple of weeks, only to remain unwritten for lack of time and energy.  Things seem to be settling down a bit - my course proposal is more or less finished - so some of the posts that I've been contemplating may yet see the light of day.

This blog received some print exposure this week thanks to Michelle Francl, a regular reader and commenter here who maintains her own very active blog and also writes a regular column for the local Roman Catholic diocesan newspaper, the Catholic Standard and Times (not to be confused with my hometown newspaper, the New Bedford Standard-Times, which I occasionally mention on this blog).  As a married mother of two  and a professor of chemistry who also happens to be a prolific writer, Michelle keenly appreciates the challenge of finding a place for God in the midst of a busy life.  In her latest column, which she also shares on her blog, Michelle refers to my late August post sharing ten maxims on prayer, which I in turn borrowed from a post on Wan Wei Hsien's blog Torn Notebook

I'm pleased to see the maxims reach a larger audience, and I encourage readers who may be unfamiliar with Michelle's writing to take a look at her blog, Quantum Theology, as well as her column in the Catholic Standard and Times.  At the same time, I'd like to extend a special word of welcome to anyone who may be reading this blog for the first time thanks to Michelle's column; if you found the ten maxims worthwhile, I hope that some of the other content here will be helpful to you as well.  AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home