Friday, April 15, 2011

"Kangaroos are not easy to photograph."

So says Father Jack Siberski, who just completed the thirty days of the Spiritual Exercises as part of his seven-month tertianship in Australia. I'm sure Jack is right about how difficult it is to photograph kangaroos; out of respect for his hard work, I will not post any of his kangaroo photos on this blog. Hopefully Jack will not object to my sharing of another of his photos, depicting an Australian sunset; in my own experience, sunsets also aren't the easiest photographic subjects - they're moving targets, and you have to capture them at just the right moment to get the desired effect - but getting the right shot of a kangaroo has to be a lot harder.

If I ever visit Australia - something I'd very much like to do - I hope that I'll be able to see the wild kangaroos and vivid red sunsets that Jack has photographed for myself. For now, I'll look forward to seeing more of Jack's fine photographs on his blog; I'll also look forward to reading more of his reflections and ponderings as he continues to move through tertianship. I hope that you'll look forward to these things as well, and I hope that you will join me in continuing to pray for Father Jack Siberski and his fellow tertians. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At 4/15/2011 5:46 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I cracked up when I saw this title -- a perfect metaphor (which I plan to steal) for the vision problems I'm experiencing.

His photos are wonderful!

 
At 4/15/2011 8:18 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thanks for that, Robin - I'm glad you enjoyed the title (and the photos - I'm looking forward to seeing more on Jack's blog).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home