Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A brief pause.


End-of-semester grades were due yesterday, which is one reason I haven't been able to post anything this week. Later today, I'll be heading to New York to take a bit of a breather before returning to Hawk Hill for Commencement. I may or may not post something while I'm in New York, so this could be a light blogging week altogether.

Though I'm happy to have completed another semester and to have finished my second year of regency, right now I'm most grateful to be done with the task of grading final papers and exams and calculating cumulative semester grades for each student. Getting grades done seems less onerous to me now than it did in my first semester of teaching, but the process still takes a great deal of time and energy. For an entertaining yet eerily accurate look at what this process is like, I suggest that you read this post on the five stages of grading over at Not That Kind of Doctor.

Moving to a matter of greater moment, I think I should make some mention of the ongoing sectarian violence in Egypt. Having recently shared some reservations about the possible aftermath of the country's recent revolution, I'll simply note once again my concerns regarding the safety snd future stability of the Christian minority there and ask you to join me in praying for their well-being. AMDG.

The photo that illustrates this post was found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home