Saturday, August 20, 2011

Photo of the day.


I have not been paying much attention to World Youth Day 2011, but I must admit that I was deeply moved by the above photo posted this morning on Whispers in the Loggia. I like the idea of the Pope taking time to hear confessions; as edifying as I found this photo to be, I'd be even more edified if it were someday revealed that, during his pontificate, Benedict XVI had discreetly and anonymously served as a regular confessor at Saint Peter's or - even better - in a local parish in Rome. My impression is that the current pope is the kind of person who would probably appreciate such an opportunity, even if security concerns and fears of attracting publicity may militate against it.

My prayers today are for the pilgrims from around the world gathered this week at World Youth Day. May they find much joy and consolation during their time in Madrid, and may they be able to share that joy and consolation with others when they return home. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home