Sunday, January 01, 2012

An der schönen, blauen Donau.



Continuing the Viennese theme of my last post - and because I simply miss Vienna - here is some harmless nostalgia for the start of a new year: the classic waltz "An der schönen, blauen Donau" by Johann Strauss II, a staple of the annual Neujahrskonzert of the Wiener Philharmoniker, heard here at last year's concert conducted by Franz Welser-Möst. The Kinderballett that begins around 1'10" is the sort of cutesy thing that I usually don't care for, but in this context I find it kind of charming. Since my time in Vienna was a great personal highlight of 2011, it seems right to me to begin 2012 with something that reminds me of the place. To all readers, I once again extend my prayerful best wishes for a happy and prosperous new year! AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home