Friday, January 04, 2013

Winter in New England.


This blog has been silent since my annual Christmas Day post, and with good reason: I have been on vacation, visiting family in Massachusetts and attending a yearly gathering of young Jesuits in Michigan (earlier described here). I will return to Toronto tomorrow to begin the next semester of theology studies, and I hope to resume more regular posting soon. In the meantime, this photo taken earlier this week in my hometown of Rochester should give you a sense of what this place is like in early January. I am not one to romanticize winter, which is a harsh and unforgiving season. That being said, I still appreciate the unique beauty of a winter sunset.

Belated best wishes for a happy new year to all readers, and particular hopes for a good start to a new academic term for those involved in education, whether as students, teachers, or support staff. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2013 11:54 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful picture. I hope your time away has been restful and refreshing. God bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home