Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Obsculta, o fili, praecepta magistri.


Some readers of this blog will be familiar with the opening words of the Prologue of the Rule of St. Benedict: Obsculta, o fili, praecepta magistri, et inclina aurem cordis tui - "Listen, my son, to the master's instructions and attend to them with the ear of your heart." These words come to mind today as I prepare to begin my annual eight-day retreat, a time of silent prayer and, I hope, a time of attentive listening. Please know of my prayers for all readers as I start my retreat; if you are so inclined, please pray for me in return. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2021 5:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Please sir, could you tell me who made the sculpture.

Best regards,

Cathy

 
At 5/08/2022 3:14 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your comment. The statue of St Benedict was made by a Trappist monk at the abbey of TamiƩ. I regret that I don't know his name.

JK sj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home