Friday, July 31, 2009

Ours on St. Ignatius' Day.


Today is the Memorial of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus. As I wrote two years ago on this date, I tend to prefer private community celebrations of this feast day to grand public ones. We will be having such a celebration this evening at Saint Joseph's - brothers in the Lord, with our own imperfections and rough edges, gathering in our small chapel and around the common table to celebrate the bond that unites us.

Each celebration of St. Ignatius' Day that I've taken part in has been unique, as I noted in this post from last year. In all cases, though, I have found that this is a day when gratitude comes very easily. As I thank God for the gift of belonging to this least Society, I also pray for God's blessings upon all Jesuits and upon all who have been touched by the Ignatian charism. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At 7/31/2009 1:28 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Where indeed would the world be without Ignatius and his Companions! Happy feast day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home