Tuesday, August 06, 2013

In Transfiguratione D. N. I. C.


According to the Gregorian Calendar, today is the Feast of the Transfiguration. Perhaps appropriately, this was also the last day of my eight-day retreat in Sedalia, Colorado. This photo of the sunset over the Rockies (which, again, strikes me as appropriate for the Transfiguration) is one of many that I took during my retreat; I may post a few more retreat photos at some point, but that task will have to wait until I return to Toronto early next week.

My peripatetic wanderings continue for the next few days: I'll be in Denver until Friday, followed by an overnight visit to St. Paul to witness the profession of First Vows by our novices, with a weekend in Chicago after that. This sort of travel may not be what the early Jesuit Jerónimo Nadal had in mind when he wrote that "the world is our house," but it does capture one facet of this Jesuit's life. That being said, expect a few more posts between now and next Monday, timed for release at opportune moments in the coming days. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2013 9:58 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Thank you for the beautiful photo. I hope that your retreat went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home