Saturday, May 17, 2014

Coming soon to a church near you...


Though I finished my annual retreat a while ago, this blog has been silent lately because I've been busy making practical preparations for an event some readers of this blog have already learned about from other sources: one week from today, I will be ordained a deacon. Readers who find themselves in striking distance of Toronto and are not otherwise occupied are welcome to attend the Ordination Mass at 9:30 am next Saturday at Our Lady of Lourdes Church. If you would like to attend but cannot because of distance or other circumstances, you can still join in the celebration through your prayers.

Some might imagine that these last days before ordination are full of quiet reflection and relaxation, but that is not the case; in addition to being one of the ordinandi, I have also been responsible for much of the work involved in planning the ordination, including working with the choir director to select music, finding individuals to serve as acolytes and other ministers, and designing and editing the program booklet for the Mass. Though I look forward to simply being ordained, I will also feel a great sense of relief next Saturday when all of hard work involved in planning the actual event comes to a conclusion. The next week will certainly be very busy and I don't know whether or not I'll have time to post anything here, but I ask your prayers for me and for the other ordinandi, Matthew Livingstone, Greg Kennedy, and Boniface Mbouzao, in these last few days of preparation. AMDG.

4 Comments:

At 5/18/2014 8:19 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

My regret is that I am unable to attend the ordination but please be assured that all of you are in my prayers as you continue on your journey of faith. Blessings and prayers.

 
At 5/20/2014 8:07 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Congratulations as well as prayers, Joe!

 
At 5/22/2014 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best, Godspeed

JA

 
At 5/29/2014 3:39 PM, Blogger David said...

Joe,

I just saw your post. Congrats!

Be assured of my prayers!

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home