Friday, January 06, 2012

Theophany.



It has been my custom in recent years to post something on this blog for the Feast of the Theophany (or Epiphany) of the Lord, widely celebrated on this date. If you're interested, you may consult my Theophany posts from 2009, 2010, and 2011 for more background.

For this year's Theophany post, I'd like to share a brief video showing part of the Blessing of Waters that occurs on Theophany, filmed here on the banks of the Mahoning River in northeastern Ohio. For me, there is something profoundly moving about the image of a small band of believers gathered by a snowy riverbank to celebrate the manifestation of Christ's divinity and the sanctification of the created world. I hope that some of you will be similarly moved, hence my sharing of the video. My prayers are with all who celebrate this bright feast, either today or in the coming days. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home