Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Jesuit and an astronomer?



I've posted about a Jesuit geneticist and a Jesuit chemist, so now it's time to hear from a Jesuit astronomer, Brother Guy Consolmagno, who appeared in one of this blog's very first posts and whom I'm made note of as one of an unlikely triptych of Jesuits (the other two were Bob Taft and Marc Gervais) who influenced my vocation to the Society of Jesus long before I met any of them in real life. In the above video from Catholic News Service, Brother Guy discusses the origins of the Vatican Observatory, explains what was really at stake in the Galileo Affair, and ponders the links between faith and science. The fact that this video is billed as "Part I" suggests that there will be more, so I'll post any sequels once CNS publishes them on YouTube. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home