Saturday, August 14, 2010

Under the standard of the Cross.


Later today, the second-year novices of a number of Jesuit provinces in the United States will make their profession of First Vows in the Society of Jesus. Were it not for my language studies in Innsbruck, I would be in Detroit today to witness the first profession of my confrères in the Chicago, Detroit, and Wisconsin Provinces. I regret that I will not be able to celebrate this joyful day with them, but I will pray for them in a special way today and invite readers of this blog to do the same. I pray that the Lord who has called these men to follow Him under the standard of the Cross will grant them much grace and consolation, and I pray also that each of the vovendi may find great joy and fulfillment serving in this least Society. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At 8/14/2010 8:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Prayers arose today for all the vovendi, and I was blessed to be present while the eight men for Maryland, New York and New England made their vows this afternoon. Having shared with them the Long Retreat a year and a half ago, it was a true grace to be there for this rite. I prayed for each of them, as well as all those who have gone before them and will follow.

It was a profoundly joyous and grace-filled occasion!

 
At 8/15/2010 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted to post to comment on how aesthetically pleasing the Austrian Jesuit sign is. At the same time, although the ceremony has already passed, I will pray for the continuing ministry and discerment of the novices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home