Monday, May 16, 2011

Another kind of memory post, Part II.


Finding myself in a somewhat nostalgic mood, I decided that I would pick up where I left off in my last Austrian memory post and share some more photos capturing one of the 'ordinary' aspects of my time in Innsbruck. One of the things that I liked most about living at the Jesuitenkolleg was being able to walk around on the (flat) roof of the building, taking in the views of the city and mountains. After taking the evening meal in the refectory downstairs, I often went up the roof to watch the sunset and to observe the evening's transformation into night. Though I sometimes brought a book, the scene around me always demanded my full attention and whatever reading I anticipated remained undone.

The above photos were taken on my last night in Innsbruck. Knowing that I was going to miss the view from the roof of the Jesuitenkolleg, I tried to capture the experience as best I could with my camera. The first four photos were taken on the roof itself, while the last two were taken downstairs in the courtyard. For me, it's impossible to look at these photos without yearning for Innsbruck; perhaps they'll have the same effect on some of you, even if you've never been there. AMDG.

4 Comments:

At 5/17/2011 12:04 AM, Blogger Robin said...

These are wonderful.

 
At 5/17/2011 9:32 AM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thanks, Robin!

 
At 5/20/2011 5:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Agreed! Beautiful pics. Do you have any plan to go back?

 
At 5/21/2011 10:36 AM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Do you have any plan to go back?

Yes, as far as Austria goes. As far as Innsbruck goes, probably not this summer, though there is a lot about the place I miss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home