Sunday, May 22, 2011

On the road again.


For me, as for many other young Jesuits, the end of the academic year ushers in a busy summer spent largely away from the place where I spend most of my time. My summer travels began in earnest this past week when I drove up to Massachusetts to visit my family and to celebrate my sister's completion of two concurrent master's degrees at Simmons College (Congratulations, Liz!). Tomorrow morning I fly to Chicago, where I'll make my annual eight-day retreat and then spend a few days visiting friends and favorite places in the city. Further stops on my summer itinerary will follow, but I'll say more about those later.

Regular posting on this blog should resume in early June. Until then, please pray for me as I make my retreat and please know of my prayers for the readers of this blog. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At 5/22/2011 9:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Prayers are promised for safe travels and grace-filled retreats. I'm off to spend time in monastic silence, but in Japan, prepping for a class on contemplative traditions next fall.

 
At 5/22/2011 10:13 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Prayers for your retreat.

I'm counting the days till W-ville in mid-July.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home