Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Retreat miscellany, Part I of II.

Last week, I wrote that I might post some photos from my retreat; here is the first of two posts on that topic, with captions for each photo. The second post may be found here.


This was taken on the first night of the retreat, at the intersection nearest to the the Jesuit residence where I was staying.


The view from my window, Chicago, Illinois, May 24, 2011, 2:00 pm.


Looking west from the third-floor balcony of the Jesuit residence, May 30, 2011, 2:50 pm.


Chicago's Hartigan Beach on the first evening of the retreat.


Lake Michigan shrouded in fog.


Loyola University's Madonna della Strada Chapel, obscured by the aforementioned fog.


Looking north along Lake Michigan on a stormy day; I love the color of the sky and the water in this image (incidentally, a torrential downpour started just a few minutes after I took this photo - I got back to the house just as the first raindrops began to fall).


Once again, Lake Michigan - captured here in a still moment at low tide.


Looking north towards Evanston at sunset.


This may look like the surface of the Moon, but it's actually a flood-lit Hartigan Beach captured late at night.

More photos to follow shortly - I hope that you enjoy them. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home